What is the in-app payment?
Examples of in-app payments:
- Someone purchases gifts for Christmas via AliExpress/Amazon app;
- A person reads books at Amazon app and buys a subscription inside an Amazon app;
- A consumer orders pizza and sushi delivery and pays for it inside an app;
What are the pros and cons of in-app payments?
The main pros of in-app payments are:
- No redirections.
- Native design of a payment page.
- Mobile payments are now gaining momentum
Merchants often face the following cons of in-app payments:
- Obtaining certifications is not simple.
- Implementing in-app payments is hard.
- It won’t bring in revenue right away.
- In-app payments require additional customer support.
- In-app payments might repel customers.